Unvented hot water training is a requirement for plumbers that want to work on unvented hot water systems.
The initial assessment is designed for operatives who do not have an up to date Unvented Hot Water Systems certificate. Re-assessment is for candidates whose qualification has expired within the last 12 months.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
You will study the following units:
- Installation and safety
- Regulations, standards and guidelines
- Theory of hot water expansion
- Principles of hot water storage
- Design considerations
- Components and function
- Safety controls, discharge and integration
- Maintenance and servicing
– Experience in the installation of domestic hot & cold vented and unvented water systems
– Hold one Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) recognised competency in a conventional fuel.
For those in the plumbing field, an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification or experience is required.
The reassessment will recap on the above and will produce a certificate that is valid for 5 years.
Candidates must be able to produce previous certificate.
Must not be 1 year over the 5 year date of expiry (in this case, you would need to attend the Initial Course instead).
INITIAL - £210