The initial assessment is designed for operatives who do not have an up to date Unvented Hot Water Systems certificate. Re-assessment is for candidates whose qualification has expired within the last 12 months.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
You will study the following units:
- Installation and safety
- Regulations, standards and guidelines
- Theory of hot water expansion
- Principles of hot water storage
- Design considerations
- Components and function
- Safety controls, discharge and integration
- Maintenance and servicing
– Experience in the installation of domestic hot & cold vented and unvented water systems
– Hold one Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) recognised competency in a conventional fuel.
For those in the plumbing field, an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification or experience is required.